Syd Hill Bushmaster Poley Saddle
Especially suited to trail riding or work situations, with a deep seat and super comfortable ride, this saddle has performed admirably and has quickly become a TrailMeister favorite.
What is the one thing you shouldn't try try with a brand new saddle? A long trail ride. For right or wrong, mostly wrong (with a lesser or ill fitting saddle this could easily have been a disaster.)
a strenuous 20 plus mile day ride was embarked on
immediately after receiving this saddle, and as a testament to both the saddle and the expert fitting performed by
Down Under Saddle Supply both horse and rider made it through with no soreness or injury.
In fact the experience was so good that both were in fine
shape the following day for another long ride. That was 6
months ago and with many more miles having passed under
this rig there remain no issues at all.
Most people consider an Australian (or Aussy) saddle to be a combination of the best features of western and
English style saddles. The Syd Hill Bushmaster Poley is exactly that.
- The horn, besides giving the rig a western flair, is fully functional and sturdy enough
to be used for roping purposes. It's also perfect for hanging pommel bags.
- The deep seat and high cantle are wonderfully comfortable on long rides and very secure when going up and down steep inclines.
- The English style stirrups gives riders freedom to easily swing their legs and are easy to adjust. The leathers do have a tendency to rub the flaps but that just adds character to the saddle.
This marking can be reduced by the use of wool sleeves that wrap around the
- Another English influence is the flocking. Flocking provides a comfortable cushion for the horse's back and will conform over time. The flocking also provides a wide gullet channel and air flow over the horse's spine.
- In a nod to its western influence this saddle has numerous "D" rings with which to attach the gear and equipment required for a long trail ride.
- A weight of about 30 pounds makes this rig easy for the rider to lift and easy for the equine to carry.
Overall this saddle is very well made with excellent stitching throughout. This saddle came from Down Under Saddle Supply. We were very impressed with
Down Under's guidance and the saddle fitting assistance they provide
and have no qualms with wholeheartedly recommending them.
Click here for more reviews of horse riding gear...