Big Eau Pleine County Park
Big Eau Pleine is a large county park situated on the
gently rolling hills of a wooded peninsula. With over 5
miles miles of trails that meander through the old growth
forest, this is a good area for both day rides and weekend
horse and mule camping trips.
Scroll down or use the menu to find the information you need
Scroll over the pics for a larger view!
- Camping areas include electricity and centrally located water.
- A large parking lot is available across from the A-Frame Park Managers office is both the camping and equestrian trailhead area.
- All of the trails are granite based.
- Land Manager = Marathon County Parks Department
- Trails typically open to the public for horseback riding on May 1.
- These trails remain open until the first snowfall or the cross country ski trails open.
- Horse camping is allowed up until October 31.
Click on the map point for detailed driving directions from your location
View Larger Map
Wow! You made all the way through. You must be really into horse and mule riding and camping in Wisconsin.
Click HERE to see more places to ride in the Badger State.