Governor Knowles State Forest
The Governor Knowles State Forest offers over forty
miles of horse friendly trails as well as the wonderful
Trade River Horse camp.
Scroll down or use the menu to find the information you need
Scroll over the pics for a larger view!
- Over 40 miles of equestrian trails
- An equestrian friendly campground is available with 40 campsites
- Toilets and water are available throughout the campground as well as tie lines and fire rings at each site.
- Trails are soft and sandy. No shoes required.
- Land Manager = Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- A state trail pass is required for all people age 16 or older when horseback riding on trails
- The horse campground and horse trails are open May 1 to November 15.
- All firewood brought into the Forest must be cut within Wisconsin and no farther away than 25 miles. No wood from Minnesota is allowed in the Forest.
- Current negative Coggins test is required to cross state lines.
Click on the map point for detailed driving directions from your location
View Larger Map
Wow! You made all the way through. You must be really into horse and mule riding and camping in
Click HERE to see more places to ride in the Badger State.