The DIY Ladder for your trailer!
- 1” square tubing – 60 inches – https://amzn.to/2zESaY5
- 2” by 1” square tubing – 24 inches
- 1” by ¼” bar stock – 26 inches – https://amzn.to/2YimYbC
- Hinge bolts – 3” by 3/8 – X 4
- Lock pins – 3” by 3/8 pin – X 2
- 8’ extension ladder section
Upper Ladder Hinge
- Made from 2″ by 1″ square tubing with permanent bolt holding upper end of ladder section. Allows top of ladder to pivot freely when ladder is extended to staircase mode.
Lower H Bracket Hinge
- Made from bar stock. Bolts go through to create hinge allowing H bracket to swing freely from vertical to horizontal.
- Permanent bolts at the hinge end hold the H bracket to the hinge.
H Bracket Assembly
- Made from 1″ by 1″ square tubing
- Permanently attached to Lower H Bracket Hinge with bolts
- Ladder end of H Bracket has holes drilled for removable locking pins. Pins lock ladder into staircase mode.
- Spare 2″ by1″ tubing was used to reinforce ladder at points where bolts and pins go through ladder body.