Do you like your chocolate hot? I do
There’s nothing like a hot cuppa when you’re camping, or anytime for that matter.
The trouble though is that most instant stuff isn’t exactly made with quality ingredients or flavor. And it’s spendy to boot!
This do it yourself mix fixes all of that. And it’s perfect for around the campfire.
The dry team:
- 1 ¾ cups – 220 grams – powdered sugar – https://amzn.to/2SiqEWI
- 1 cup – 80 grams – unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch process) – https://amzn.to/35fF6nM
- 3 cups – 280 grams – dry milk powder – https://amzn.to/2KKViUH
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain salt – https://amzn.to/2y0AYfn
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch – https://amzn.to/2KI2EIw
- 1 pinch or more to taste ground cayenne pepper*, optional – https://amzn.to/2KNqzpT
1. Combine the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, milk powder, salt, cornstarch and cayenne in a large airtight container. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine, and remember to shake prior to every extraction.
2. To serve: Place 2-3 heaping tablespoons of the mix in a mug and add hot water or milk. Stir to combine. Enjoy.
Here’s info on the Trangia kit that I use – https://amzn.to/2SmDaEN