Allen Creek Horse Camp - 1trailmeister added this area
Driving DirectionsClick the icon for directions in google.
From Prineville, Oregon:
- Head east on Hwy 26 for approximately 27 miles.
- Turn right onto Forest Service Road 2630 and continue for approximately 3 miles.
- Turn right onto Forest Service Road 2210 and continue for 2 miles.
- Turn left onto Forest Service Road 22 and continue for approximately 12 miles.
- Allen Creek Horse Camp will be on your right.
No Rides Found Be the first to Add Your Ride
Located south of Bridge Creek Wilderness, Allen Creek Horse Camp sits among large ponderosa pine trees and along the creek that feeds Allen Creek Reservoir.
There are five campsites which are currently maintained and several corrals on site. There are no manure pits at this campground so the Forest Service requests that you pack out waste from your horses.
There is no water system at the camp, but a stream borders the east side of the camp from which you can water your animals. Allen Creek Reservoir is very close to the campground, though it cannot be accessed directly from the site; instead it can be accessed through BLM land just a few miles away.
There are no maintained trails here but many forest service roads and cross country areas to explore.
Certified weed free feed is required
First come first serve – no reservations