Anita Alta Horse Camp - nailss added this area
Riders have logged 308.11 miles & 129.92 hours here.
TOP TRAIL RIDER: nailss logged 291.17 miles.
Rides Add Your Ride
|06 Jun 2018||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||33m||7.85||✔||★★★★★|
|08 Jun 2018||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||30m||4.5||✔||★★★★★|
|04 May 2018||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||22m||5.98||✔||✔||★★★★★|
|02 May 2018||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||20m||7||✔||✔||★★★★★|
|11 Apr 2018||nailss||Ride Notes||4 h||44m||7.93||✔||★★★★★|
|27 Feb 2018||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||47m||5.28||✔||★★★★★|
|09 Feb 2018||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||10m||6.12||✔||★★★★★|
|18 Mar 2018||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||27m||7.98||✔||★★★★★|
|29 Dec 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||0 h||0m||0||✔||★★★★★|
|19 Nov 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||9m||4.82||✔||★★★★★|
|27 Oct 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||4 h||44m||8.11||✔||★★★★★|
|07 Oct 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||53m||9.23||✔||★★★★★|
|24 Sep 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||43m||6.86||✔||✔||★★★★★|
|04 Sep 2017||nailss||2 h||12m||5.89||✔||★★★★★|
|24 Aug 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||3m||7.66||✔||★★★★☆|
|05 Aug 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||54m||8.21||✔||★★★★★|
|26 Jul 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||50m||3.25||✔||★★★★★|
|01 Jul 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||12m||3.06||✔||★★★★★|
|28 Jun 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||42m||6.6||✔||★★★★★|
|08 Jun 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||6m||5.63||✔||✔||★★★★★|
|28 Apr 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||57m||8.01||✔||★★★★★|
|26 Feb 2017||nailss||3 h||35m||9.3||✔||★★★★★|
|05 Feb 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||15m||3.66||✔||★★★★★|
|14 Feb 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||28m||5.22||✔||★★★★★|
|01 Feb 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||42m||5.15||✔||★★★★★|
|17 Mar 2017||nailss||1 h||38m||5.57||✔||★★★★★|
|29 Jan 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||17m||5.42||✔||★★★★★|
|04 Jan 2017||nailss||2 h||9m||6.18||✔||★★★★★|
|08 Jun 2013||idahotrails||Ride Notes||7 h||1m||16.94||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|19 Jun 2016||nailss||2 h||13m||6.36||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|09 Jun 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||53m||4.61||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|08 Jun 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||59m||6.11||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|07 Jun 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||1m||6.52||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|30 May 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||47m||5.48||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|15 Apr 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||15m||6.38||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|29 Mar 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||26m||7.78||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|27 Mar 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||4 h||55m||10.18||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|26 Mar 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||4 h||44m||6.33||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|22 Mar 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||14m||4.02||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|11 Mar 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||6m||4.36||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|08 Mar 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||52m||5.74||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|05 Mar 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||4m||7.13||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|29 Feb 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||12m||8.64||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|27 Feb 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||3 h||35m||7.79||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|31 Jan 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||1 h||13m||4.03||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|07 Jan 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||37m||6.06||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|23 Feb 2017||nailss||Ride Notes||0 h||0m||0.6||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|03 Jan 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||5m||6.92||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
|02 Jan 2016||nailss||Ride Notes||2 h||21m||5.66||✔||✔||☆☆☆☆☆|
The members of BRHA enjoy camping at 375 acre campground, Anita-Alta. There’s always plenty of camping space at Anita-Alta! We have high line posts and room for your own portable corrals. Cool off in our creek that is accessable from many of the campsites. We also offer a fishing pond (catch and release only), horseshoes, volleyball. Pavilions are available for rent for your special event.
Our members pay an annual fee of $60 which helps support our facilities. A parking fee of $3 is also collected from every vehicle. This small charge is used for trail maintenance and development costs.
Land manager is the Blue Ridge Horseman’s Association – http://www.brha.us
The campground is managed by the Blue Ridge Horseman’s Assoc under contract with the State of NC. The Pisgah National Forest (Grandfather District) adjoins the campground property. Most of the trail miles are in the Pisgah NF.
1. Only Current Members & their Guests are allowed on club land.
2. Any guests who stay past 11:00pm must pay for a Current Membership Fee unless at a Designated Special Event. Special events will be published in the Newsletter.
3. Anyone parked or staying at the campground must carry their current membership card.
4. Every driver MUST complete a Parking Permit for his/her vehicle and enclose $3.00 PER DAY in supplied envelope for EACH VEHICLE when he enters the campground. All vehicles must display a current permit on their dash or risk being towed. Parking permits are required for ALL activities except Club Meetings and Workdays. (Permits ARE required when overnight camping during workday weekends).
5. No member may camp longer than 14 consecutive days at the campground.
6. Bridge is only rated for 10 tons and is for Single Vehicles ONLY. All trailers must fjord creek or camp on left side of entrance drive.
7. Speed Limit along road is 5 MPH.
8. Keep Main Road open at all times. Pull off points along driveway are to be kept open for traffic to meet and pass, not for parking. Do not park your vehicle in the driveway.
9. 4 Wheelers, Motorcycles, Scooters, and Golf Carts are NOT allowed on campground.
10. Each horse staying at the campground must have a Current Negative Coggins.
11. DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH OR CONTAINED IN YOUR CAMPING SPOT.
12. Camping areas are first come, first serve. No reservations can be made for certain areas.
13. No horse trailers, horses or camping sites are to be within 50 feet of the Wetlands and protected creek banks of Brown Branch. These are flagged with stakes and are not mowed.
14. Campfires are permitted in fire rings only. No live timber is allowed to be cut, only dead/fallen trees.
15. Make sure all fires are out before heading to the trail or home.
16. No running horses in campground, keep at a walk until on a trail.
17. Do not tie your horse to any part of ANY building or within 150’ of either Pavilion.
18. Tie all horses to trailers, picket lines, hitching rails or use Treesavers. DO NOT TIE DIRECTLY TO TREES!!
19. Campground quiet times are from 11:00pm until 7:00am.
20. No generators are allowed to run during quiet time.
21. Firearms are permitted but CANNOT be discharged at the campground.
22. Pack it in – Pack it out!!! Includes hay. Any member found leaving trash will be charged a $10.00 cleanup fee.
23. Scatter manure before leaving your camping area. Scatter loose hay out before leaving and take any extra hay back with you.
24. BRHA does not employ a maid service; please clean up after yourself.
25. Fishing pond is an OFF-LIMITS area to horses. Do not let your horse drink or swim in pond.
26. Pond is Catch and Release only. Pond is for Fishing Purposes only. NO swimming in pond. Children 13 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult to be at pond area.
27. Canoes and Row Boat are property of NC State and cannot be removed from campground by any member and are off limits to all BRHA members.
28. Kitchens will be locked at all times unless reserved.
29. Each pavilion/kitchen can be reserved and rented out by any club member for a $25 per day fee. Non-members can rent them for $50 per day fee. Kitchen equipment/supplies are property of NC State and must remain in kitchen. All persons renting a kitchen/pavilion must pay a $25.00 clean-up security deposit.
30. Cabins & tent platforms are off limits unless they are rented to you. Cabin rental – $30 per week; Mon-Sun. For BRHA members; $30 deposit required for each cabin.
31. All pavilion, tent platform, cabin, & campground reservations & deposits will be handled solely through the Caretaker. Pit toilets at cabins and at tent platforms will still be operational throughout winter.
32. Toilets -You must bring your own self-contained unit. Please do NOT dump it on BRHA land. BRHA cannot guarantee a working bathroom close to you at all times, so plan accordingly with your own self-contained unit.
33. BRHA will not be held responsible for any negligent act on your part; furthermore, BRHA holds the right to refuse admittance into the campground any person(s) who the officers feel as a whole is/are being disruptive and disorderly. BRHA also holds the right to have a member or guest physically removed from the property.
NOTE: Please be aware that during any hunting season there is the possibility that you may encounter a hunter since we back up to the Game Lands and hunting is permitted there Monday thru Saturday. If you are riding during hunting season, be sure to wear bright colors and be loud.