Matthiessen State Park - kim-young added this area
No Rides Found Be the first to Add Your Ride
The park provides 9 miles of multi-use mountain bike/ horseback riding trails for those who own their own horse or mountain bike. The trails are color coded and marked with the yield order triangle which symbolizes that all users yield to horse riders. The trail map is at this link.
An equestrian campground for horseback riders and their horses is located west of Route 178 between Route 71 and the Dells Area entrance. Alcohol is prohibited in all campgrounds. The horseback riders camping and multi-use trails are open from May 1st (weather permitting-determined by park staff) to October 31. Call 815-667-4726 to check conditions and status before coming to use these facilities.
Alcohol is prohibited in all campgrounds.
• PLEASE NOTE! It is a state offense to remove any archaeological or Native American material from any Illinois state park.
• No camping, rappelling, or rock or ice climbing are allowed.
• Hike only the marked trails. Unmarked areas are dangerous. Numerous people have been seriously injured or killed in this park. All users must be off of the trails by/before dark.
• All pets must be on a leash.
• In case of an accident or emergency CALL 911